Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Telling the Folks

This is how we told my mom and dad....




and with this...




We met them at Famous Dave's at the Legends for dinner on Friday. After we were seated at our table we gave them their bag o' goodies. I'd say they were pretty surprised. It took them a second to get the shirts. I brought my camera but in the excitement forgot to get it out and take any photos. After dinner, we went to Mom and Dad's and Skyped with Nate in Australia and Tiffany in Houston. Webcams rock. We showed them the sonogram photo to let them figure it out. It was way better than just telling them over the phone.

Saturday we drove over to Willie's Mom's house to tell her and Willie's sisters. This is how we told them...




We also gave her a framed photo of the sonogram pic. Willie had to make sure his mom and Marcia understood that it is an image of Jake and Lola on the shirts since she is already a grandma. We then Skyped with Willie's sister Crystal in Tuscon. They all seemed pretty excited.

Later that day we took Willie's dad a sono photo and told him.

Sunday we Skyped with my Grandpa. We made him a shirt too. Sorry no picture of it right now. It says "Great Grandpa" on the front and "I'm kind of a big deal" on the back. He also seemed excited. This is his first great-grandkid.

Tomorrow we are headed to tell my Grandma. Should be fun for her to find out! Her first great-grandchild as well. 

In other news I did my 3 hour blood glucose test on Friday. (I failed the 1 hour test) Boy was it boring. I took my book and got some good reading in, but their lobby chairs are really not comfortable. And I was hungry (you have to fast) and don't really like getting blood drawn, especially not four different times. Yikes. Good news is that I passed. I drank orange juice before the first test and the lab tech said that could have done it. Maybe they should tell you that and save some pain. Good news is all the ice cream and cake I can eat, no sugar free for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment