I haven't posted lately, but our free time/ weekends have been pretty baby centered lately. The past three weekends we spent doing a lot of baby stuff, painting his room, sanding his dressers, putting together his crib and birth class.
Yes, that's right, we went to a three week birth class offered by the midwives at my doctor's office. It wasn't anything fancy but it was comforting for me and I think let Willie have a better understanding about birth. Most women don't attend birth classes any more or maybe just what is offered by the hospital. I wanted more than that though. It was very relaxed, but gave us some tips on coping with labor other than with medication. It also let us get to know the midwives better. Since my doctor works in a group practice she isn't always on call so we have decided that if she isn't available we will have the two midwives as our backup. (Don't worry they are fully trained in both nursing and midwifery and we will still deliver at the hospital.) For me it's nice to know and feel comfortable with the person delivering my baby. It makes me really excited to think about what is to come! The best part of our last class was during a relaxive breathing exercise the baby was going crazy moving around. I think he liked it, maybe he was trying to say "Yes Mom, I feel comfortable when you do this". It was a little hard to concentrate on my breath and keep my eyes closed, but I love to feel him move. When we were done the midwife told me she had been watching and could see my belly going crazy. IT'S SOOOO COOL!
After class each week we've been trying to tackle all our baby room projects. I'll post pictures when everything is done. But I'm happy so far. We have awesome lime walls, with beachy cabana stripes. A freshly painted aqua twin bed. A beautiful white crib that makes me think it washed into the room with it's waved sides. The dressers have taken a bit more time than expected but I'm hoping to start painting today and get them knocked out this week. Other to-dos on the list include some surfer and turtle wall art (Nate- if your reading how about some photos!), homemade baby quilt and crib skirt, recliner cover and a lamp project! I'm sure there's more, but we are getting close. Which is good because we are almost down to the single digits on weeks left! So with that I better go get some breakfast and get to sanding and priming!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment