What is this jumbled mess of color you ask, well part of it is this....
I'm on a necklace making kick. When Tiff and I were little we would make similar necklaces with our Grandma. Back then we used cotton balls in the center and beads instead of knots. As an update I used beads inside the fabric and knotted between them. I saw this idea on the internet and though, "oh, yes". Cheap, easy to make but very fun. Here's a closer look at my "wearable art".
I also whipped up these little cuties thanks to a tutorial off the Internet (I LOVE the Internet).
That's right, passport covers. No more boring, unprotected cover for me. My family gets to reap the benefits of my craftiness as well. Passport covers for everyone :)
I've also been working on this project for Baby B
I've been keeping a journal to document every thing surrounding the baby. I took a cheap composition book and through a process, thicken the pages. Then I can write, draw, paste photos, whatever my little heart desires. (Yes, again an Internet idea, it's really a great place for crafting ideas) My plan was to take it on our trip, but instead I'm going to journal in something smaller and glue the pages in when we get home. Someday Baby B can read what went on early in his/her life.
While I've had craft fever this is what Lola has been doing
I think that dog would sit on the porch all day long if it weren't for this guy
Jake prefers the couch and doesn't like Lola to be outside. Actually I like to think he just doesn't like to be separated from me. :) Usually they both go out, Jake gets antsy and so they both come in. Silly dogs.
And in preparation for an adventure we will be off to shortly I downloaded this little number for the iPod. Please enjoy.












No comments:
Post a Comment