Thursday, February 24, 2011

Birthday Weekend

I recently had a birthday. My 27th. The fam went to KC and enjoyed some yummy PF Chang's and Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza. Jonah slept through the whole thing. Willie and Jonah bought me a beautiful necklace with Jonah's name on it with two baby footprints. It was great day and it got me thinking that I really have a wonderful life. It isn't fancy, but I really feel lucky with how it's turning out. I have this AMAZING baby boy that makes me feel so blessed. A wonderful husband to love and be loved by. And a loving family that is pretty great. (Though three members need to move closer, how about for birthday 28, okay!) Oh and don't forget two dogs that I would have to say show me doggie love every day. Probably 10 years ago I wouldn't have pictured my life like this, but then again I don't know how I would have pictured it. Now I don't know that I would picture it much differently. To be honest I probably never thought that I would be living in M, but now that I am, I know I wouldn't want to be much further away. I love that Jonah can know his grandparents and great-grandparents. Something that wouldn't be happening so well if we lived somewhere on the beach or in a big city like NYC. I've learned, especially with Jonah around, that having family close by is way more important than living a life others would classify as "exciting" or "exotic". Please don't think I'm knocking anyone that moves away from home. I know that it's the right decision for a lot of people, including some of my family, but being here is the right decision for us. And while this hometown may get a bad rap, I think there is plenty around to make life interesting. The thought of all there is to share and explore with Jonah is really exciting to me. I think about everywhere I want to take him this summer. There are multiple good zoo options within a few hours drive. Lot's of museums (I think his great-grandpa is already planning the trips - how about the Nelson and the Spencer Museum of Natural History). And plenty of places to get outside for fishing or camping and maybe even a boat ride (you hear that Grandpa P and Great-Grandpa J). And because Willie doesn't have to use his vacation days to visit the grandmas, Jonah will get to experience life at the beach this summer. Well if "life is what you make it", I plan on making ours great. So bring it on 27. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment