Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Aqua and Lime

Ever since Baby B was this little person we hoped and prayed about, I have dreamed of a lime and aqua nursery. Regardless of gender, lime and aqua seemed perfect. For a girl we could throw in a little pink or coral, but now that's not really an issue. Lime and aqua remind me of the coast, which is definitely appealing. :) Awhile back I found the perfect fabric for a baby blanket. Little sea turtle flannel in, you guessed it, limes and aquas! So aqua, lime and turtles it is, with maybe a few surfers thrown in for good beach vibe measure.

Here's the room in all it's current glory awesomeness blahness.


The chair and dresser are staying, with some refinishing. We will have a twin bed in the room, but the daybed frame is getting replaced by an old iron bed I'm spray painting aqua. Here are the color schemes and turtle fabric.


The lighter lime will go on all four walls. The darker lime will be big 12 inch stripes on one wall. The sea salt (grayed white) and aqua frost are for the dressers. Aqua on the drawers, sea salt everywhere else. The clean white is just in case. Here are better shots of the dressers. They were my mom's and then sisters and now they are getting a make over. Unfortunately some of the knobs are missing so even though I love them, they will have to go. :(



The chalkboard (the one in our announcing Baby B video) is staying in the room along with all the fun baby stuff on the long dresser. Notice this little cutie on the dresser?


What kid doesn't need to start out life with Mini Winnie! And finally here's a pic of our crib. We're just waiting to go pick it up from Walmart! As long as it's sturdy it will be staying. I love how it's reminds me of waves. And it's solid wood and has non-toxic paint. Win, win, win!


So that is the game plan for the room. I also have dreams of creating a sea turtle painting and mobile and framing some awesome Aussie surfer photos my bro is going to take for me! This weekend we will hopefully start tackling sanding and painting the dressers and maybe getting the room painted. I'll take and post pics when things get finished so you can see all the loveliness.

2 comments:

  1. Have you shown grandpa the Mini Winnie? He would be soo proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I showed it to him the other day! Isn't it fun!

    ReplyDelete